Join the influential Discover Green Bay team in promoting the sensational amenities our community offers! Show your pride for Greater Green Bay by attending events and welcoming visitors while enthusiastically sharing your knowledge of the area. When you’re attending these events, help us document experiences through photography, videography, and social media. Our energy is contagious! If you love to spread joy and build memories, join us in delivering unforgettable experiences to our community and its visitors!
Current Job Title: Visitor Experience Ambassador
Date Reviewed: May 19th, 2022
Department: Visitor Experiences Department
As the headliner of our greater Green Bay destination, you are a dynamic member of our Experiences Team! Your passion for providing exceptional customer service contributes to our world-class visitor experience. You will communicate in an energetic, professional, inviting tone and focus on promoting greater Green Bay to visitors and helping locals (Re)Discover Green Bay while educating both on the services/resources we offer.
RESPONSIBILITIES – ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as the tourism brand ambassador and ensure all elements of our visitor center presence are on brand focusing on curating individualized memorable experiences providing a welcoming presence to all.
- Create engaging social media in coordination with the strategic plan of the marketing department.
- Produce content for all digital marketing channels, including but not limited to social media and destination blog in accordance with the overall marketing strategy.
- Capture photos and video for events, promotions, advertising, and marketing.
- Greet customers and visitors with energetic community pride and acts as an irreplaceable resource for event attendees, walk-in visitors, telephone and internet customers seeking information on the greater Green Bay area.
- Aid in event planning to execute all creative and logistical visitor center event details.
- Assist travelers in planning itineraries, routing logistics, locating lodging, recommending dining, and completing all other visitor requests.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of greater Green Bay’s tourism inventory including accommodations, retail, restaurants, attractions, events, exhibits, and related tourist services available.
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and professional appearance of oneself as well as the visitor center(s).
- Assist the Sales & Services Department with convention name badges and welcome packets.
- Advocate for the Greater Green Bay area and embrace the community’s visitors.
- Demonstrates the company’s values and culture.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to engage visitors, anticipate their needs, and excite them about the greater Green Bay area enthusiastically and proactively.
- Superb communicator with a strong desire to share events happening in the area and the value of tourism to our community.
- Ability to work collegially with other staff and partner across departments to achieve common objectives.
- High-performing, innovative individual who operates with exceptional collaboration possessing a strong sense of urgency, priority, and follow-through.
- Effective understanding/use of latest technologies and online forums to advance brand.
- Must have the flexibility to work in an environment where priorities and projects will shift rapidly with uneven workload volumes and varying timelines.
- Analytical skills necessary to interpret the needs of visitors and to relay information to the appropriate people within the tourism industry.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Software as a service systems (SaaS) to assist with project management, data intelligence, social media, digital marketing, and content creation.
- Photography equipment and video gear including digital cameras, lenses, filters, microphones, camcorder, etc.
- Software used by Discover Green Bay (Simpleview) to track group business and make sales presentations.
- Audio/Visual equipment such as projectors and other presentation/speaker-related equipment.
- Trade show booths, displays and equipment associated with trade shows.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle, maneuver a large vehicle, and have a valid driver’s license.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Frequent mobility and/or sitting required for extended periods of time. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to operate vehicles as well as photography and office equipment. Requires hearing within normal range when communicating with company personnel or clients in person or via the telephone including areas of high traffic. Requires intermittent lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires some irregular work hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Will operate in outdoor setting and will be able to work effectively in extremely hot and cold temperatures as well as adverse weather conditions while maintaining a friendly, helpful and high level of energy for guest interactions no matter the situation.
Reports to the Vice President of Visitor Experiences