Guide to Hospitality Cleanliness
New Standards of Clean in Greater Green Bay
Procedures are in place for a safe and healthy destination visit for you and your Green Bay hosted event. Our community is working to reduce the health risks related to COVID-19 with best cleaning practices, so you can feel comfortable during your stay. Our hospitality partners are excited to welcome you to Green Bay.
A safe guest experience is a top priority. Staff have been trained on best practices for cleaning and sanitation, including:
- Provide hand sanitizer at entrance and reception areas.
- Protective face coverings are used by hotel staff.
- Ensure social distancing is observed by patrons and staff in the hotel.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public spaces, with focus on front desk counter, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public restrooms and room keys.
- High-touch areas are sanitized throughout the day.
- Hospital-grade disinfectant to sanitize surfaces throughout the hotel.
- Housekeeping carts and tools are sanitized at the beginning and end of shift.
- Sanitation of all guest room touch points including knobs, switches, remotes, curtains, furniture and bathroom fixtures.
- Laundering of bedding and towels at warmest water setting, and machine drying all towels and linens.
- Ongoing best practice cleanliness training for hotel staff.
- Prohibit sick employees from being on premise.
Please refer to hotel website for a complete list of specific sanitation and cleaning procedures.
Both the Wisconsin Restaurant Association and the Brown County Public Health & Human Services Department have provided guidelines for restaurants to safely serve patrons.
- All staff will pass a health check or complete a health survey prior to each shift, and a sickness policy is in place and clearly understood by all employees.
- Staff PPE is recommended to protect employees and customers. Masks should be properly fitted.
- Employees use proper handwashing and sanitation.
- Employees practice social distancing with other employees and patrons.
- Staff is trained in safe food handling practices, and a Certified Food Protection Manager is scheduled for every shift.
- Make hand sanitizer or hand washing stations available upon entry and exit.
- All indoor and outdoor seating options will be spaced 6 feet apart using distancing guidelines and limiting to 50% restaurant capacity.
- Clean and sanitize common areas regularly, and tables and chairs after every use.
- Place settings, utensils, menus and condiments will either be single-use or will be cleaned and sanitized after every use.
Please verify with your specific restaurant on their procedures.
Green Bay Austin Straubel International Airport (GRB) is dedicated to ensuring passenger safety. They have initiated many measures prioritizing cleanliness and safety.
- Housekeeping staff solely dedicated to sanitizing high-touch surfaces throughout the day, including the jet bridges.
- Enhanced HEPA filtration within the airport terminal.
- Self-sterilizing escalator handrails.
- UV light sterilization utilized nightly.
- Airport deep cleaning and sterilization fogging combined with enhanced deep cleaning by airport housekeeping on a zone schedule ensuring each area of the airport is deep sterilized beyond daily deep cleaning.
- Signage to promote social distancing and handwashing.
- Plexiglass shields at rental car, ticket and gate counters.
- Local airline ground crews are equipped with masks, wipes, hand sanitizer, sinks and soap for regular handwashing.
- Face coverings are recommended, but not currently required in the airport terminal.
- See TSA website or download the TSA app for updates to screening procedures and new routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- See airline websites for requirements of face coverings, temperature checks and sanitization practices.
- Airport restaurant and gift shop are following all CDC and Wisconsin Restaurant Association guidelines.
In addition to the measures GRB has put in place, airlines are following expanded sanitation measures. Please refer to Delta Airlines, United Airlines, American Airlines and Frontier Airlines cleanliness standards on their websites.
Car Rental Agencies
Agencies and their employees are following the best practices recommended by the World Health Organization and other health experts to safely assist customers including:
- Limiting the number of employees in a location and practicing social distancing.
- Staying home when ill.
- Frequently washing hands.
- Frequently sanitizing touchable surfaces with disinfectant.
- Using disposable gloves and a disinfectant when cleaning vehicles.
- Minimizing customer interaction at vehicle pickup and delivery.
- Measures are also in place to immediately isolate and quarantine any vehicle if needed.
In addition to vacuuming and general wipe-down cleaning, key areas are sanitized with disinfectant between every rental, including:
- Key and key fob
- Center console, cupholders, compartments and areas between seat/console and seat/doorjambs
- Seat surfaces, door interiors and pockets
- Dashboard, instrument panels, accessory panel, steering wheel and column
- Interior and exterior door handles
- Mirrors and other high-touch areas
Refer to your rental car company’s website for complete sanitizing and detailing information.
These facilities are following the same guidelines as hotels, focusing on a few additional measures. There are no person capacity limits. However, all distancing guidelines apply as outlined by the Brown County Public Health & Human Services Department.
- Will call and box office windows have protective glass barriers. Where no barriers are available, a clear protective shield is recommended.
- Sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- Paper-less tickets are recommended.
- Patrons should observe distancing in queues.
- Seated venues may kill seats throughout the venue to ensure physical distance.
- Parking lot operators can kill spaces as needed to ensure proper spacing.
- Offer hand sanitizing stations and provide sanitizing wipes so commonly used surfaces can be self-cleaned.
- Provide signage encouraging proper handwashing.
- Increase the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of all high touch audio/visual equipment including microphones, monitors, lecterns, remote controls, headsets and flipcharts.
- Focus on sanitizing all surfaces during each event venue refresh.
- Discontinue providing items which cannot easily be sanitized, such as pads and pens.
- Place physical (social) distance markers on floor at registration desk, ball rooms and meeting room entrance marking the flow. Use different door for entrance and exit if meeting room allows it.
CONFERENCE SEATING RECOMMENDATIONS
- Theater-style - allow three feet between each chair or instruct guests to sit in every other chair if the Fire Marshall requires chairs to be connected.
- Classroom, u-shape and conference-style - set a maximum of two guests per six-foot table.
- Banquet rounds - set a maximum of six guests per six-foot round, or five guests per five-foot round.
- Reception cocktail rounds – set tables six feet apart with no more than two chairs.
- Provide standing space in the rear of the room for self-distancing.
Please verify with your specific event venue on their procedures.
Download PDF version: Guide to Hospitality Cleanliness