Neville Public Museum: Bridging Communities: Artifacts & Art
Location: Neville Public Museum
Group Size: Minimum: 15 | Maximum: 60
Duration: 2 hours
Availability: Tuesday, Noon - 8 p.m. & Wednesday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Go behind the scenes of the Neville Public Museum to learn how the artifacts and exhibits bridge communities and connect generations. You will learn about the history and heritage of Brown County through a group of curated artifacts. Next, go behind the scenes to the museum's archives to see how the collection is curated, cataloged and cared for by the expert staff. Finally, see the art collection at the Neville which has been the foundation of the museum for more than 100 years!
Select two or all three experiences from the following to build your itinerary for the day:
- Collections Storage Tour - You'll venture into the museum's mysterious "third floor" where artifacts not on display are kept. Staff will share just a few of the hidden gems in the collection that demonstrate the diversity of the artifacts that live right here in Green Bay. Be prepared for the unexpected!
- Our Brown County Tour - Explore our newest exhibit with one of the museum staff members who helped create it! You'll hear stories about the artifacts that go "beyond the labels," and get insight into how an exhibit like this is produced and brought to life.
- Outdoor Art Tour - Everyday thousands of people drive by the museum, but most don't know the stories of how these works came to reside on the museum's grounds. Discover how locally-produced artwork has been the foundation of the Neville Public Museum for more than 100 years, and how art can help us understand our place in history.
All signature experiences also include a group welcome as well as time to visit the gift shop.
Book your group at least three weeks in advance of arrival date.
- Cancellations and reschedules must be made at least two weeks in advance of the original date.
- A minimum rate will be charged for any group less than 15 participants ($225 for two experiences or $300 for three experiences).
- All three experiences are walking tours with limited opportunities to site. We suggest visitors wear comfortable shoes, and those participating in the Outdoor Art Tour should come dressed for the weather, as this experience takes place outdoors.
- Food, drink and large bags are not allowed in exhibit areas. Please consider leaving these items on the bus. If you're not able to do so, they can be left in the coat room, the large group introduction area or checked with the information desk.
- Bus drivers are welcome to park in the rear of our lot, or alongside the building. Parking may be subject to availability if other events are happening in the building on the day of your visit.
Contact: Ryan Swadley - 920-448-7840
Cost Per Person: $20Book Now