Travelers in communities along I-41 now have the option of two additional round trip buses. The service provides seamless connections with Amtrak Hiawatha trains to and from Chicago.
Amtrak, in coordination with WisDOT, will offer Amtrak Thruway bus service with two daily round trips between Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh, Fond du Lac, and two stops in Milwaukee; the Milwaukee Intermodal Station (MIS) and the Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport. The bus schedule is timed to give travelers an easy train connection to Sturtevant and Chicago.
The service will allow travelers to make a same-day round trip between the I-41 cities and Chicago. The new buses, combined with the existing Lamers daily round-trip bus service, will result in three daily round-trip options along I-41.
Adult bus-train fares Green Bay to Chicago are as low as $39 each way. Bus-only fares Green Bay to Milwaukee are as low as $28 each way.
- Offers convenient connections to and from Amtrak Hiawatha trains, expanding travel options between the I-41 cities and Chicago. (See schedule).
- Addresses the gap in I-41 bus service that resulted from the Greyhound service cancellation in October 2018.
- Uses existing intercity bus stops to maximize traveler options and minimize travel times along the Green Bay-Milwaukee corridor.
- Supplements the existing Lamers (LAB) daily round-trip on I-41. The service also supplements the Green Bay to Milwaukee buses that travel on I-43 operated by Jefferson Lines (JL) and Indian Trails (IT).
Tickets for all services (new Amtrak bus, Amtrak Hiawatha trains, Lamers, Jefferson Lines and Indian Trails) are all available on Amtrak.com, the Amtrak app, or 1-800-USA-RAIL.
Offers service to Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport, consistent with the existing Lamers service.
- Amtrak Thruway enables travelers to work, study or relax while in transit.
- Guaranteed train-bus connections
- At-seat plugins and Wi-Fi service
- Airport service
- Same-day round trips possible between I-41 communities and Chicago
- Reclining seats with seatbelts, extra legroom, tables and cupholders
- ADA accessible
- Same discounts (i.e. student, senior, children) and promotions as Amtrak Hiawatha
Learn more at AmtrakHiawatha.com