Digital Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Specialist
Job Title: Digital Marketing Specialist
Date Reviewed: October 4, 2021
Department: Marketing Department
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for implementing the digital strategy as well as developing digital content consistent with the organizational brand and marketing plan. Required to proactively maintain a strong working knowledge of all marketing trends, tools, and technologies to grow audience engagement on digital platforms while influencing increased visitation to the region.
RESPONSIBILITIES: ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in developing and implementing an annual digital marketing plan and content calendar designed to increase digital engagement, website traffic and visitation.
- Execute social media plan through ongoing content development and measuring audience engagement. Conduct competitive research, report content performance, and research emerging platforms to enhance online presence.
- Execute digital advertising initiatives, including but not limited to search engine marketing, paid media (display, native, video) and social media advertising.
- Produce content for all digital marketing channels, including but not limited to social media, email, website, destination blog and digital advertising campaigns in accordance to the overall marketing strategy.
- Responsible for email marketing efforts, including writing content, and scheduling email campaigns in coordination with the marketing plan, utilizing marketing automation tools.
- Responsible for website content, maintenance and updates utilizing website CMS and CRM systems with the support of contracted website vendor.
- Report data insights to advise strategy, marketing tactics, and optimization of digital campaigns.
- Capture photos and video for events, promotions, advertising and marketing.
- Maintain knowledge of current innovations in the field by attending industry educational opportunities as well as maintaining knowledge of the destination, top visitor markets, and our regional competitors.
- Demonstrates the Company’s Values and Culture.
- Performs other related Discover Green Bay activities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or business with an emphasis in marketing required.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a marketing/digital marketing and social media management role required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Ad platforms, video editing software, data analytics and organic and paid social media management tools and software.
- Experience working with marketing automation systems, content management systems, and customer relationship management systems.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing functions, search engine optimization best practices and email marketing processes.
- Knowledge of the latest web technologies and digital trends.
- Effective project and time management skills.
- Basic Knowledge of graphic design fundamentals photography and video composition as well as basic coding skills.
- Effective understanding/use of latest technologies and online forums to advance brand.
- Desire to continually learn about and implement new ideas and industry best practice.
- Passionate about the travel and tourism industry and brings that enthusiasm and positive attitude to work every day.
- High-performing, innovative individual who operates with exceptional collaboration.
- Required to follow all safety standards including but not limited to all federal, state, and organizational rules and regulations.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Software as a service systems (SaaS) to assist with project management, data intelligence, social media, digital marketing, and content creation.
- Photography equipment and video gear including digital cameras, lenses, filters, microphones, camcorder, etc.
- Audio/Visual equipment such as projectors and other presentation/speaker related equipment.
- Trade show booths, displays and equipment associated with trade shows.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Frequent mobility and/or sitting or standing required for extended periods of time. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and other standard office equipment. Requires hearing within normal range and eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read communications, reports and computer terminals. Must have a valid driver’s license in order to perform outside sales calls. Requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. May require some irregular work hours.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to use logical or scientific thinking to solve problems and perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position in order to deal with a variety of emotions and frustrations in making business decisions and handling difficult situations. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Occasional high stress work may be required in the performance of this job. Must be able to advise others on alternatives or options and speak before groups.
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and the like.
At times may be required to work outside in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
Subject to receiving outside sales calls.
Reports to the Vice President of Digital Marketing & Communications.
To submit your application please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Work samples to be provided upon request.