Job Opportunities at Greater Green Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau
Greater Green Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau is the official destination marketing organization and leader for Brown County. Our goal is to increase visitor volume and spending by bringing meetings, conventions, motorcoach tours, sporting events and leisure tourism to the area.
We know Green Bay is a great place to visit and live and we are here to help spread the word.
Who are we looking for? Team members who are passionate about the Greater Green Bay community and are interested in helping local businesses promote themselves to travelers.
Greater Green Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau is an equal opportunity employer and bases all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Current Job Openings:
Business Development and Community Engagement Manager
The Manager of Business Development and Community Engagement is an advocate and a cheerleader for tourism businesses in the Greater Green Bay Area. This position serves as the main point of contact for the partnership base of the CVB. Acting as a resource to the local tourism industry, this is a forward-facing community engagement hero, with sales and leadership skills. You will have daily engagement with business owners, general managers, community organizations, and local leaders. A master at networking and assisting businesses to realize their full tourism potential.
RESPONSIBILITIES – ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains involvement in community and industry activities to foster partnership sales and engagement including conducting presentations regarding the CVB’s activities and the importance of tourism and its economic benefits to the community.
- Recruits new partners through cold call, prospecting and participation in appropriate business-to-business and community functions.
- Facilitates the partner orientation program to fully explain benefits of partnering with The Greater Green Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau in individual and group settings.
- Plans and oversees special programs and networking events to engage the partnership base and communicate the benefits of the bureau partnership to maximize retention, including the annual holiday party.
- Promotes the Tourism Insider Program to educate frontline staff in the industry on the experiences and amenities the Greater Green Bay community has to offer.
- Oversees Restaurant Week promotion in coordination with the Marketing Department. Responsible for sponsorship sales and restaurant recruitment.
- Directly responsible for meeting monthly sales goals set forth in accordance with the Director of Destination Sales and Services.
- Responsible for implementing all strategies and achieving all annual goals set forth in the Destination Marketing Plan as they relate to business development and community relations.
- Recommends the allocation of funding dollars annually for department projects and monitors adherence to budget guidelines.
- Produces, implements, and continually evaluates strategic procedures within the Partnerships & Business Development Department and communicates this information to all appropriate Greater Green Bay CVB partners. May include conducting partner surveys to solicit feedback.
- Provides regular feedback on partner activities, views, ideas, and concerns, and communicates regularly with business partners and CVB staff.
- Responsible for development and solicitation of sponsorships and advertising for CVB publications and promotions, including the annual destination guide.
- Implements and manages an accurate CRM database.
- Assists in billing and collection of partnership fees and advertising.
- Reviews and recommends changes to partnership fees, services and benefits.
- Maintains exceptional customer service for partners and prospective partners, responding promptly to requests.
- Produces partnership marketing materials in cooperation with the Marketing Department.
RESPONSIBILITIES – SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and development in the field by reading appropriate books, journals, and other literature and proactively attending related conferences and seminars.
- Maintains knowledge of current elected officials and provides support to President in monitoring political activities that could affect the tourism industry and CVB partners at the local, state and national level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Comprehensive knowledge of sales, marketing and communications at a level normally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Approximately five years proven sales experience necessary in order to gain a full understanding of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products, or services.
- Proven experience in structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations while overseeing sales strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful customer services initiatives.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills needed to serve as liaison between the hospitality and tourism communities and personnel. Must have the ability to give persuasive and influential presentations which promote the area to small and large groups of customers. Confidence to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Ability to thrive in an environment focused on continual growth by maintaining a positive outlook to drive strategic change.
- Skilled in effective time management with the ability to offer a flexible schedule as this position occasionally requires irregular work hours.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience in sales/group management systems.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail and thoroughness in completing projects.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Frequent mobility and/or sitting or standing required for extended periods of time. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and other standard office equipment. Requires hearing within normal range and eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read communications, reports and computer terminals. Must have a valid driver’s license in order to perform outside sales calls. Requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. May require some irregular work hours.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to use logical or scientific thinking to solve problems and perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position in order to deal with a variety of emotions and frustrations in making business decisions and handling difficult situations. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Occasional high-stress work may be required in the performance of this job. Must be able to advise others on alternatives or options and speak before groups.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperate and the like.
- Subject to outside sales calls so is exposed on a frequent basis to temperature extremes.
Director of Destination Sales
Qualified individuals interested in being considered for this position are invited to apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to Ashley French, Business Operations Administrator at email@example.com. No phone calls, please. The position will remain open until filled.
If you're looking to volunteer and be involved in community events, please contact Sally Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org.