Current Job Title: Sales Manager Date Reviewed: August 8th, 2022
Department: Sales Department FLSA Status: Exempt
Promotes greater Green Bay as a destination for meetings, conventions, and events designed to build overnight visitation and increase economic impact the Greater Green Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau has on our community through our hospitality partners including, but not limited to, hotels, meeting facilities, Resch Center, and Resch Expo.
RESPONSIBILITIES: ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Achieve sales goals by working with meeting and event planners, travel manager, national organizing bodies, procurement managers, training managers, and third-party companies within the Greater Madison and Greater Milwaukee areas.
- Implement strategies and initiatives which attract conventions, tradeshows, events, and other defined activities to greater Green Bay by soliciting assigned sales accounts and adding new ones.
- Research, develop, and implement creative comprehensive bid opportunities.
- Conduct site inspections at greater Green Bay venues for prospective clients tailored to the needs of each organization.
- Communicate effectively with client, hotels, convention center, and other venues to secure and close the business.
- Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the facilities, attractions, and services available in Greater Green Bay to customers and act as a liaison between these entities and the customer.
- Maintains knowledge of destination, top visitor markets, and our regional competitors while building relationships with hospitality partners to solicit assistance with bidding, host group business, and serve as a resource to planners.
- Represent the CVB with appropriate industry groups and associations for the purpose of generating interest in greater Green Bay as a destination and keeping up to date with industry trends.
- Participate and generate new business lead opportunities through industry events, tradeshows, sales calls, and networking.
- Communicate with Group Services Manager to delegate tasks focused on servicing groups meeting in greater Green Bay and ensure success of the event.
- Maintain all necessary records and reports including individual accounts and specific venue databases through the organization’s chosen CRM system.
- Demonstrates the company’s values and culture.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, Communication, or related field required.
- Preferred three (3) years related work experience to provide a full understanding of marketing and convention promotion.
- Self-Starter who is motivated to pursue sales goals by calling on planners in person and electronically build strong professional alliances.
- Ability to diligently work independently on individual sales strategies.
- Analytical skills necessary to interpret the needs of planners and to relay information to the appropriate people within the tourism industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to communicate with meeting/event planners, hotel/motel sales staff and general managers, and preferred partners in confirming convention and meeting arrangements.
- Superb communicator with a strong desire to share and educate stakeholders about the work being done in the sales department and the value of tourism to our city.
- Strong desire to continually learn about and implement new ideas and industry best practice.
- High-performing, innovative individual who operates with exceptional collaboration.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Personal computer and variety of software systems including Microsoft Office.
Software used by the CVB (Simpleview) to track group business and make sales presentations.
Audio/Visual equipment such as projectors and other presentation/speaker related equipment.
Trade show booths, displays and equipment associated with trade shows.
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Frequent mobility and/or sitting required for extended periods of time. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to operate keyboard and other standard office equipment. Eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read communications, reports and computer terminals. Requires hearing within normal range when communicating with company personnel or clients in person or via the telephone. Must have a valid driver’s license in order to perform outside convention sales calls. Requires occasional lifting to 50 pounds. May require some irregular work hours.
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
Subject to outside sales calls, so is exposed on a frequent basis to temperature extremes.
Reports to Vice President of Sales.